Vite aims to provide out-of-the-box support for common web development patterns. Before searching for a Vite or Compatible Rollup plugin, check out the Features Guide. A lot of the cases where a plugin would be needed in a Rollup project are already covered in Vite.
Check out Using Plugins for information on how to use plugins.
- Provides Vue 3 Single File Components support.
- Provides Vue 3 JSX support (via dedicated Babel transform).
- Provides Vue 2 Single File Components support.
- Uses esbuild and Babel, achieving fast HMR with a small package footprint and the flexibility of being able to use the Babel transform pipeline. Without additional Babel plugins, only esbuild is used during builds.
- Replaces Babel with SWC during development. During builds, SWC+esbuild are used when using plugins, and esbuild only otherwise. For big projects that don't require non-standard React extensions, cold start and Hot Module Replacement (HMR) can be significantly faster.
- Provides legacy browsers support for the production build.
Check out awesome-vite - you can also submit a PR to list your plugins there.
Vite plugins are an extension of Rollup's plugin interface. Check out the Rollup Plugin Compatibility section for more information.